This delectable Plum, Walnut, and Ham Farofa recipe is a delightful fusion of flavors and textures. Combining the sweetness of black plums, the crunch of walnuts, and the savory goodness of ham, this dish is a true delight for your taste buds. It’s the perfect accompaniment to various main courses, adding a touch of elegance and flavor to any meal.
Plum, Walnut, and Ham Farofa Recipe
- 1 can of peas
- 100g of green olives, chopped
- 200g of black plums, chopped
- 1 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 200g of margarine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Plenty of chopped parsley
- 1 small box of seedless raisins
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 packet (200g) of cornmeal (flakes or table cornmeal, according to preference)
- Warm milk
- 200g of diced ham
- Begin by moistening the cornmeal with warm milk. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in the margarine until they are golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the chopped green olives, chopped black plums, chopped walnuts, and peas to the saucepan. Mix well and cook for a few minutes until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Season the mixture with salt and black pepper to taste. Remember not to overdo the salt, as the ham and Parmesan cheese will also contribute to the flavor.
- Add the seedless raisins to the mixture and continue stirring over low heat.
- Gradually add warm milk to the mixture, stirring constantly to create a paste-like consistency. The amount of milk may vary, so add it gradually until you achieve the desired texture.
- Finally, mix in the grated Parmesan cheese and diced ham into the farofa. Continue cooking until the cheese melts, and the ham is heated through.
- Serve your Plum, Walnut, and Ham Farofa as a side dish for pork chops, ham, or steaks. It will add a touch of flavor and sophistication to your meal.
Whether served alongside pork chops, ham, or steaks, this farofa will leave your guests craving for more. Give it a try and elevate your dining experience with this mouthwatering Brazilian side dish. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe!
Check more farofas recipes here…
DIPLOMADO DE GASTRONOMÍA INTERNACIONAL
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?