STUFFED CABBAGE LEAVES
The Malfuf Mahshi is one of the great contributions of Arab cuisine to Brazilian cuisine. It consists of cabbage leaves stuffed with meat and rice. MALFUF in Arabic means cabbage leaves, and it is a delicacy.
- 1 cabbage and/or some cabbage leaves
- 3 cups of rice
- 1/2 kilo of pork meat
- 1/2 kilo of beef
- black pepper
- juice of 1 large lemon or 2 small ones
PREPARATION STUFFED CABBAGE
- Wash and cook the cabbage or kale leaves without the tough stems in salted water.
- Wash the rice and mix it with the already ground meat.
- Also, pass about 4 tomatoes through the meat grinder. Add salt and pepper. Mix everything well.
- Put a little of this mixture inside each leaf (cabbage or kale) and roll it up in layers in a pot whose bottom should already be lined with some cabbage or kale leaves.
- When finished, add water with lemon juice to cover all the rolls.
- Chop about 5 or 6 cloves of garlic with salt, pour over the top, and cover with a few more cabbage or kale leaves.
- When the rolls are almost cooked, add more lemon broth if necessary and let them simmer over low heat.
- Some people like to add two or three whole heads of garlic, and some pork ribs and skin, which gives more flavor to the dish.
CURSO COMPLETO DE GASTRONOMÍA
La cocina, será más fácil y entretenida después de ver esta MASTER CLASS
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?