Brazilian strogonoff is a delicious and very popular dish in Brazil. It’s characterized by being creamy and having a base of beef strips, mushrooms, and a sauce made with cream and tomato. But did you know that it’s possible to prepare delicious versions of strogonoff with chicken and shrimp? Here are 3 Brazilian strogonoff recipes for you to enjoy at home:
3 Brazilian strogonoff recipes
INGREDIENTS FOR BEEF STROGONOFF
- 1 kg of fillet mignon
- 1/2 kg of onions
- 250 g or 1 can of cream
- 1 full cup of tomato juice
- 1 medium can of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (coffee) of cognac
- 1 tablet or 100 g of margarine
- black pepper to taste
- Serve with white rice
PREPARATION OF BEEF STROGONOFF
- Cut the fillet mignon into slices, in the opposite direction to how you cut the steaks.
- Cut the slices into strips and cut them into pieces the size of gnocchi.
- Chop the onion as little as possible.
- Heat the margarine to the maximum. Sauté the onion until it is completely golden. Fry it uncovered!
Cover with water.
- When the onion is completely golden, add all the meat, already cut into small gnocchi.
- Sauté the meat, also with the pan uncovered, until it is well golden, evenly. Once the meat is well cooked, season with salt and black pepper, cover the pan and leave it on low heat until it is tender.
- Next, add the mushrooms cut into strips and let it heat up for another 10 minutes.
- Mix the tomato juice and cream over the heat.
- Add the cognac to the pan.
- Two or three minutes later, add the tomato juice and cream mixture, boil and turn off the pan.
- Serve the beef strogonoff with white rice. Decorate with coriander.
CHICKEN STROGONOFF INGREDIENTS
- 1 three-month-old chicken
- 1 can of frozen and serum-free cream
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 cup of cognac (coffee)
- seasonings to taste for the chicken
- 1 can of palm hearts
- butter for sautéing
- 2 ram garlic cloves (garlic to taste)
PREPARATION OF CHICKEN STROGONOFF
- Season the chicken cut at the joints and let it rest for a few hours.
- Sauté, add whole garlic cloves, cover the pan and reduce the heat.
- When it is tender, bone the chicken leaving the pieces large.
- Return to the pan, add the cognac and cream, mixing with ketchup.
- Stir over medium heat until almost boiling.
- Add the palm hearts, leave for a few more minutes and serve with white rice.
SHRIMP STROGONOFF INGREDIENTS
- 1 kilo of fresh shrimp
- 1 small can of palm hearts (if you need to increase, use large cans)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can of cream, chilled and without serum
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 half-full glass of cognac (the better the cognac, the more flavorful the dish)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1 cup of water
- lemon juice
PREPARATION OF SHRIMP STROGONOFF
- After cleaning, wash the shrimp with lemon juice.
- Heat the margarine and sauté the chopped onion until golden brown.
- Next, sauté the shrimp until golden brown.
- Add water, season with salt and black pepper, if desired, and cover the pan, leaving it on low heat after the water boils, for about 5 or 6 minutes.
- When serving, heat the contents of the frying pan by adding the palm hearts cut into pieces.
- Separately, mix the chilled and skimmed sour cream with ketchup.
- Add the cognac to the shrimp when they are hot.
- Reduce the heat and gradually add the mixture of cream and ketchup, stirring until it is very hot, but carefully not to break the pieces of palm heart.
- Serve the warm stroganoff accompanied by white rice.
These Brazilian strogonoff recipes are very easy to prepare and perfect for a special occasion or to share with friends and family. Enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?