Baba de Moça recipe is a traditional Brazilian sweet that combines the smoothness of coconut with the sweetness of syrup. The addition of vanilla provides an unmatched aroma and flavor to this Brazilian culinary classic.
Baba de Moça Recipe
- 1 coconut
- 300g of sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- Start by grating the coconut and warming it slightly in the oven. Then, squeeze it in a cloth to extract all the coconut milk.
- Next, prepare a syrup with the sugar. Cook it until the syrup reaches the “Thread Stage”.
- (Note: The “Thread Stage” is a stage in syrup where, when you take a small amount between your fingers and separate them, a thin thread forms that doesn’t break easily. This indicates that the syrup is at the right stage.)
- Remove the syrup from the heat and let it cool.
- Dissolve the egg yolks in a bit of the syrup, then add the rest of the yolks and cook over low heat. Stir constantly until the bottom of the pan starts to show.
- Add the coconut milk just before seeing the bottom of the pan. The consistency of the Baba de Moça can be adjusted to be softer, depending on your preference.
- Add the vanilla when removing the mixture from the heat.
Why Try Baba de Moça:
This dessert is perfect to end a special meal or to satisfy a craving for something sweet and authentic. It’s a dish that evokes the tradition and flavor of Brazil in every spoonful.
Serve Baba de Moça recipe in individual plates and surprise your guests with a sweet touch of Brazil. It’s a dessert that captures the essence of traditional Brazilian cuisine.
DIPLOMADO DE GASTRONOMÍA INTERNACIONAL
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?