Baiana Farofa is a traditional side dish from Bahia’s cuisine that pairs perfectly with seafood-based dishes like shrimp or crab fritters. This Baiana Farofa recipe brings the authentic flavors of Bahia with a blend of cilantro, parsley, and other delightful ingredients. The moist texture of the farofa is the perfect touch to enhance the flavors of your dishes. Follow the instructions below to prepare this Bahian delight.
Baiana Farofa Recipe
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped or grated
- A bit of chopped cilantro and parsley
- 2 cups of table flour
- In a saucepan, bring the water, butter, finely chopped or grated onion, a bit of cilantro and parsley, and salt to taste to a boil.
- Allow the mixture to simmer, then remove the saucepan from the heat. Let it cool until it’s lukewarm.
- Gradually mix in the table flour, making it fall like rain to prevent clumps. The farofa should be moist and flavorful.
- Serve Baiana Farofa as a side dish for dishes like shrimp or crab fritters. Its authentic Bahian flavor will enhance the taste of the seafood and make the meal a memorable experience.
Baiana Farofa is the perfect choice to add a touch of flavor and culture to your table. Enjoy this Bahian delight!
See more farofas recipes click here…
DIPLOMADO DE GASTRONOMÍA INTERNACIONAL
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?